1.4
Insurance Quality
Turnaround Time

Two shipments arrived damaged to the destination; one caused $2100 in damages, the other $6000 in damages. The customer signed the BOL noting the damages, and immediately disposed of the products as they could not keep these damages in their warehouses.

The customer contacted us immediately notifying us of the damages with photos, and a copy of the signed BOL noting the damages. This was forwarded to Central numerous times - by email, mail, and fax. They kept claiming they never received these claims. We would not pay the invoice for the freight because the damages far exceeded the cost of the freight.

The customer these shipped to are a high-velocity customer who are extraordinarily efficient with documentation and receiving orders. After 6 months of going back and forth on this, the claims department tries to tell me that the POD shows that the customer signed for the goods in good order, but upon closer look, what they're showing as "proof" is actually from THEIR DRIVER upon pickup signing for the goods in good order. So, OBVIOUSLY, this is another scam of Central's, since I have the paperwork that shows the BOL upon delivery is signed for damages. Furthermore, Central tries to claim, "that wouldn't be our paperwork because we only do electronic paperwork." That would be a good out in their typical scheme, however, our customer will NOT unload a shipment until someone in their warehouse physically stamps a BOL.

Central's typically MO is deny deny deny. So what did they do now? Illegally reach out to the customer to collect funds we refuse to pay until they issue a credit or check for the damages.

Don't use Central.

They're a low-budget carrier. It will ALWAYS cost you more than what you think you might be saving by using them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Central Transport Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Credit for the damaged product that was disposed of so that I can pay the freight invoices.

I didn't like: Condtion of material delivered, Whole experience with company, Dont care about your freight.

Company wrote 0 private and 4 public responses to the review from Oct 10.

Comments

Central Transport claims no claim was made. Claim numbers were provided in the comments, including an email from Claims that confirmed the receipt of the claim.

No further attempt at resolution has been made.

My next step is a new complaint on this site that there has been no follow up to an existing complaint. Fake attempts at resolution on this public forum further shows the deceitful practices and scams of Central Transport.

How’s thia going?

Central Transport: you state there is no claim made. Claim numbers are 145-7922249-9 and 145-7922201-0.

Here is the email from your company confirming receipt of the claim: Good morning, This claim was received via regular mail. Thank you, Cargo Claim Department Central Transport Fax (586) 467-1756 cs.claims@centraltransport.com

Central Transport Verified Representative

I'm sorry to read of your frustration - if you'd like to reply privately with your account # or account name, I'm happy to have this looked into. Thanks,

to CentralTransport #1580786

I will provide my account number here publicly and we can resolve this publicly. Once this is resolved I will remove my comment. Account Number is 60090481021.

to Anonymous #1581392
Central Transport Verified Representative

Thanks for providing that info. I was able to pull up your account, but I did not find any claims listed under your account. I am going to have your Account Manager contact you.

to CentralTransport #1581497

As stated above - 2 claims were filed, and your company denied both for bogus reasons as listed above. This is your typical mode of operation it seems.

to CentralTransport #1581517
Central Transport Verified Representative

If the claims were filed by the account # you provided, I would have been able to see them. If you'd like to send the pro #'s you are referring to, I can check that way.

Unfortunately, if you are not the party that filed, I am unable to discuss the claims. I have however asked your account manager to contact you to help clarify any confusion.

to CentralTransport #1582408

Here is the email from your company confirming receipt of the claim: Good morning, This claim was received via regular mail... Thank you, Cargo Claim Department Central Transport Fax (586) 467-1756 cs.claims@centraltransport.com

to CentralTransport #1583547
Central Transport Verified Representative

Thank you. Those are not claim #'s, those are tracking #'s. I have asked your Account Manager to contact you to assist you further.

CENTRAL TRANSPORT IS POST TO LIE YOU TO I AM DOCKWORKER NOW TURNED AGAINST THEM THEY ARE AS YOU SAY {{redacted }} OF LTL.