I scheduled a pickup of a small pallet for 1/29/18 from 11AM-5PM. I had specifically requested that a liftgate was required.

On 1/29/18, nobody from Central Transport showed up. Nobody called me. That evening, I called to find out what happened. I was told that the delivery truck rescheduled the pickup because they didn't have a liftgate!

(I had made special arrangements for someone to be available during 11-5.) I asked to speak to someone to file a complaint - I was told that nobody was available for me (CSR clearly didn't give a sh_t). I asked for the phone # of the local delivery truck station so I could make arrangements - I was told that they don't give this out. I then asked when the delivery was rescheduled for, and was told that it was for 1/30/18 between 11AM-5PM. Today, on 1/30/18, I called to confirm the pickup time, and I was told between 3-4PM.

It is now 7PM, and once again, nobody from Central Transport showed up. Once again, nobody called, and once again, I had to make special arrangements for someone to be available during 11-5.

I think it goes without saying that it is absolutely unacceptable for a shipping company to a) "no show" to an appointment, b) not even bother to call, and b) after 1 "no show," to once again, "no show" for the rescheduled appointment. Central Transport flaked on a pickup appointment 2 days in a row!!!

Review about: Central Transport Pallet Transportation Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Uncaring attitude, All of it, Inability to keep appointments.

Comments

CentralTransport
Central Transport Verified Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and let us know about this situation. End of month volumes are normally very high and liftgates are specialized equipment that most terminals must rent.

However, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced.

If you'd like to reply or privately message us with your pickup #, we can investigate and address internally as needed. Thank you again,