2.2
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I needed a pallet of machine parts shipped from El Paso, TX to South Central PA, about 2,000 miles. I had several carriers quote and all were at 4-Day Transit. I confirmed the 4-Day Transit with CT and scheduled the pickup on Tuesday 5/29/18 in the morning.

I checked on Wednesday about 8am EST and found the estimated delivery date to be June 6, 2018, five days after the 4-Day Transit time.

emailed the 29minutes@Central... email asking for the pallet to be put back on schedule. They said, "We lost a day", it will be 6/6/18. I asked for priority shipping since I have a crew, electricians, and material handling crews all here on June 4th @ 9am. CT said, "We don't have priority service, and we can't change the delivery date of 6/6/18".

I asked to contact a supervisor (all via email). The person said to just call the number given and I'll be able to talk to a supervisor at the corporate office. I wanted to talk to the supervisor of the person I was emailing to stress the issue and that there is a lot of time to correct this serious problem. She said that was the only number to call and that was it.

I called the number and after 20 minutes I got another customer service person who said they'd look into it and try to get it delivered on Tuesday 6/5 in the morning. She'll check back with me on Thursday and took my phone number, name, PRO etc.

I'm disappointed in the first customer service rep who made no effort to help and would not give me a supervisor's number to call. The second person I think is trying to fix a serious issue; only time will tell.

Monetary Loss: $2060.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Delivery schedule.

Comments

WetElephantSeal

Overall experience with CT:1. CT misrepresented the transit time of goods.2.

CT reads from a sheet responses to complaints rather than being honest.3. CT doesn't really care once the item is picked up and seems to not have a way to change anything in the shipping process.4.

They are cheaper than most but the reasons are obvious.5. I'll only use CT when the goods are durable, I have plenty of time, and the rate is well below other common carriers.

Central Transport Verified Representative

Hi Dennis,Thanks for your reply. Had the shipment been picked up on the 25th, then the estimated delivery date would have been the 1st as you said (due to the holiday/weekend).

But the pickup wasn't submitted until the 29th, and was picked up the same day.

Our transit times are estimates, and this is clearly posted on our website. I will also remind our customer service dept to ensure customers are properly advised as a precaution.

Central Transport Verified Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate hearing your thoughts and feedback. We are sorry to read of your disappointment - and apologize for the delay in transit. I'm happy to look into your shipment if you'd like to reply privately for security purposes with the pro # or your account name/number.

to CentralTransport #1491091

PRO: 14581864031Just checked again tracking, it's still listed in Ft.Worth, TX (600 miles from pickup location) as of 5am today. Still has 1,400 miles to go.Dennis

to WetElephantSeal #1491135
Central Transport Verified Representative

Hi Dennis,Thank you. I do see that you've spoken with customer service, and they have noted the importance of your shipment.

Transit times do not include weekends, so 4 day transit would mean 4 business days, not including the date of pickup - June 4th.

It is still running one day behind, with an estimated delivery date of June 5th. If there is anything else you need, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

to CentralTransport #1491188

4-Day transit, business days and not counting the day of pickup... Why not say 5-Business day transit?

The other LTL carriers said we'd get on Friday June 1st along with CT when this was quoted. I think the best thing is for CT to be reliable on the delivery date quoted during the sales portion of this transaction. I see a lot of other similar complaints saying they delivered days later than stated during quoting. Seems like disingenuous to say the least.We will be more careful in the future with CT on any LTL shipments.

If you can't count on a delivery date you can't schedule crews and plan. Waiting until it shows up delays the whole project.